- USA Powerball lottery was first held in 1992. Since then, its format has changed several times, but the basic principles for conducting draws remain unchanged to this day. In the event that any global changes affect the rules or conditions of the lottery draws, you will immediately be informed of this through an announcement on our portal.
- It was in the American Powerball lottery that a system with two drums was used for the first time during the draws to extract the winning numbers. The number of balls in each drum has changed several times since then, but the number of drums has remained the same to this day. Now the format of Powerball drawing is as follows:
- The player chooses five numbers from 69 white balls and one number from 26 red balls;
- In the USA Powerball lottery, the minimum jackpot starts at $20,000,000 (before the crisis associated with the coronavirus pandemic 2020, the minimum size of the Powerball jackpot was $40,000,000);
- Lottery draws are held twice a week — on Wednesdays and Saturdays;
- The minimum odds of winning the lowest prize in the lottery are 1:24.9.
Note that the largest jackpot in the history of Powerball and all American lotteries was $1.6 billion.